1. Switch to no-fee checking account (like Charles Schwab).
2. Open a savings account. Transfer a little bit of money into it every month.
6. Cut out the car. Use public transit or bike to work.
7. Do your own car and home maintenance.
9. Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
10. Ditch cable.
11. Find cheap hobbies.
12. Eat at home. Invest in a slow cooker.
13. Put that library card to use.
15. Buy generic brands.
16. Buy in bulk. Get a Costco membership.
17. Drink more water, less of everything else, and especially less alcohol.
19. Buy quality; never buy cheap.
20. Shop at thrift stores.
21. Get a roommate.
23. Write shopping lists and stick to them.
25. Hold a yard sale.