1. You have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy in a relationship.
2. You are not destined to be together. You do not have a fairy tale relationship. Every relationship takes hard work and constant maintenance.
3. Don’t expect someone else to make your problems go away.
4. Find out what you both want to get out of the relationship.
5. Give more, expect less.
6. Communicate to your partner about everything you want and everything you expect.
7. Be on the same page about finances, kids, and sex before you get married.
8. Never stop dating your wife.
9. Make sacrifices, but not at the cost of what you want most in life.
10. Don’t be afraid of ending a relationship just because you do not want to be alone.
11. Try to be spontaneous every once in a while.
12. Communicate your sexual desires.
13. Remember, the most important sex organ is the brain.
14. Be comfortable with each other’s sex drives.
15. Arguments are not about being right or wrong. They are about finding a solution to the problem.
16. Be careful what you say in an argument. Words can never be taken back.
17. Do not name call.
18. Admit when you are wrong.
19. Apologize and mean it.
20. You can’t control their actions, but you can control your response.
21. Relationships should be the least stressful part of your life.