1. Don’t spend more than you make.
2. If you can’t buy it twice, you can’t buy it at all.
3. When you receive a salary raise, do not raise the cost of your lifestyle.
4. Always pay your credit card bill on time.
5. The best way to double your money is to fold it in half and stick it in your pocket.
6. Learn to cook.
7. Bring a lunch to work.
8. Make a shopping list, and stick to it.
10. Don’t eat fast food. It’s expensive for what you get, and will harm your health in the long run.
11. Try to do most of your drinking at home instead of in restaurants and bars.
12. Don’t buy things you don’t need.
13. Automate your finances to put a little money into savings every month.
14. Don’t be afraid to ask for a raise. Don’t wait for raises to come to you. Actively seek them out.
15. Keep looking for that next job opportunity. Keep your interview skills honed, and know what you are worth on the open market.
16. Track your expenses. Find out exactly where your money goes so you don’t waste too much of it.
17. Stay out of debt.
18. Become cautious investing in stocks. Stick to retirement funds.