1. Meditate. Practice mindfulness. Try to stop knee-jerk reactions.
2. Get enough sleep. Get your body and mind in the right place.
3. Make sure you are eating enough. If a lack of sleep can make you angry, so can hunger.
4. Delay your response. Think before you speak.
5. Try to laugh. Find humor in the situation.
6. Walk away. Get away from whatever is ticking you off. If you have a little time to think things over, maybe you will see things in a different perspective.
7. Seek therapy. If little tricks can’t help you, maybe there is a larger problem underlying. There is no shame in getting help.