1. Start immediately. If you put it off until next month, you will never do it.
2. Start small. Do not be too ambitious. Breakdown your goals, and go piece by piece. Do not overwhelm yourself by trying too much at once.
3. Keep track. Use an app or even just write down your progress as you go along. Give yourself proof of your hard work.
4. Practice. It’s going to take a while. Repeating a habit over and over will drill it into your subconscious mind, and make it second nature.
5. Stay the course. If you slip up, quickly adjust before you lose your progress.
6. Reward yourself. You are working hard. Rewards will reinforce your new behaviors.