1. Hit the space bar to scroll down. While browsing the web, instead of using the scroll wheel or down arrow, hit the space bar to move down the page. Also, hit Shift+space bar to scroll back up the page.
2. CTRL+Shift+T opens the last closed tab in both Chrome and Firefox. If you accidentally closed a tab you weren’t finished with, CTRL+Shift+T will bring it right back. CTRL+T opens a new blank tab.
3. CTRL+Shift+N opens incognito mode in Chrome. So you can buy Christmas presents in private…or do other things.
4. CTRL+ increases font size. Also, CTRL- decreases font size.
5. CTRL+F will allow you to search for a word. Instead of scanning all over a webpage or document for a word or phrase, just hit CTRL+F to skip right to it.
6. Press F2 to rename a selected file. No more double-clicking the word and accidentally opening the file.
7. CTRL+Backspace deletes the entire word. CTRL+Shift+arrow highlights an entire word.
8. CTRL+Shift+ESC opens the task manager directly. Or right-click the taskbar to select it from a list. No more CTRL+Alt+Delete.