1. Take the most used route. Choose popular routes over shorter routes. No traffic means no rides.
2. Stand in a safe spot. Find a place where a car can see you clearly and still have time to stop safely to get you.
3. Smile. Laugh. Try not to give off a serial killer vibe.
4. Don’t be in a rush. Sometimes it can take a while to get a ride. Don’t be in a hurry.
5. Make eye contact. Try to make a personal connection, and drivers might be more inclined to stop.
6. Use a sign. Write your destination or just a simple “please.”
7. Make conversation when appropriate. They were nice enough to give you a free ride. The least you can do is talk to them.