1. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman – Learn about the two systems that make us think. There is the fast, intuitive, and emotional side. Then there is the slower, more deliberative, and more logical.
2. How to Read a Book by Mortimer J. Adler – Learn to look at a piece of text and analyze it critically.
3. Manufacturing Consent by Herman and Chomsky – Become a skeptical thinker. Question media. Question politicians. Question everything.
4. Plato’s Dialogues – An introduction to Platonic philosophy.
5. The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan – Learn to differentiate between pseudoscience and the real thing.
6. Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely – An argument that refutes the common assumption that we behave in fundamentally rational ways.
7. The Art of Deception by Capaldi and Smit – How to win an argument, recognize a fallacy, persuade a skeptic, and more.