1. Buy in bulk. Bulk items almost always have better prices. Freeze the extra stuff when you can.
2. Use coupons. They will save you money, but only buy the stuff you were going to buy anyway.
3. Look for cheap cuts of meat. Use these for soups and slow cookers. You get the same protein for better prices and still retain a bit of flavor.
4. Be picky about expiration dates. Look around on the shelf for something that doesn’t expire so soon. The longer you have to consume it, the less likely you are to waste it.
5. Avoid the ends of aisles. The stuff on display is the stuff they want to get rid of. Tread with caution.
6. Shop at more than one store. Some places have good prices on bulk items. Some places have good prices on produce. Look around for the best deals.