1. Be yourself. Don’t try to be the cool kid. Enjoy what you enjoy. Find others who feel the same.
2. Be flexible. Go with the flow. If someone asks you on a spontaneous camping trip, go. If you say no, they might not be so inclined to invite you next time.
3. Take the initiative. If want to hang out with someone, just ask. Don’t wait around for them to make the move. Go after what you want.
4. Get over yourself. Stop talking so much about yourself. Take genuine interest in other people.
5. Do interesting things. Find hobbies and events to attend. If you’re having fun, others will want to join you.