1. Use metaphors and analogies. Calculus can be boring. Try to relate the concepts you learn in calculus to other applications you are more familiar with.
2. Make abstract ideas more tangible. Make a picture in your head, but also include sounds, textures, and feelings.
3. Try explaining the subject to someone. You don’t really understand the concepts until you can explain it to someone in a simplistic way.
4. Map it out. Use mind-maps and diagrams to connect ideas and concepts.
5. Tell a story. Create a story and incorporate the numbers and facts you need to memorize. When you need to recite these facts, just re-create your story.