1. Passport – No explanation needed.
2. Backpack – Get one big enough to carry your stuff, but small enough to fit as a carry-on.
3. GoPro – Bring some memories back home with you.
4. 2-in-1 Laptop Tablet – A lightweight laptop is essential for those who need to get work done on the road.
5. Kindle – Keep dozens of books within arm’s reach.
6. Playing Cards – Play card games with new friends when you have some downtime.
7. Money Belt – Watch out for those pickpockets.
8. Microfiber Towel – Buy a quick dry towel, so you can pop it in your bag and go.
9. Buff Handkerchief – A very versatile piece of clothing that can be used as a headband, scarf, face mask, and more.
10. Packing Cubes – Optimize your backpack space.
11. LifeStraw Water Filter – Clean water can be pretty scarce in some parts of the world. That is where this thing comes in handy.
12. Water Bottle – You will get thirsty while you are out and about. Get a water bottle with easy access.
13. Plug Converter – Different countries have different plugs.
14. Headlamp – Bring a hands-free light.
15. Journal – Record your thoughts and experiences.
16. Sleeping Bag Liner – For those not-so-clean hostel beds.
17. Ear Plugs – They come in handy if you are trying to sleep on a crowded train or in a noisy hostel.
18. Padlock – Keep your luggage safe and secure while you are exploring.