1. Recognize that you are not as smart as you think you are. You might be able to get by on your intelligence now, but that will not last forever. Practice good study habits. Learn to think critically.
2. You and your high school sweetheart probably won’t be together forever, and that is okay. Put your own future first. Try finding out who you are and what you want to be before making commitments.
3. Credit cards are not magic money. Don’t get a credit card until you are ready to use it responsibly.
4. Don’t pick up smoking. Don’t do it. If you already do, quit now.
5. Travel when you get the chance. Experience as much as you can before you have major responsibilities.
6. Take care of your face. Wear sunscreen. Clean your pillowcase regularly (especially if you get acne). Stop touching your face so much.
7. Use protection. STDs are bad. Pregnancy is expensive.
8. Workout a little bit. Try to get yourself into shape while you are still young. It gets harder and harder the older you get.
9. Be nice to your parents. You might not find them cool now, but you will miss them like hell when they are gone.
10. You are not entitled to everything you want. Do not expect the world or anybody else to give you whatever you want. You have to earn it yourself.
11. Save a little money when you can. Get in the mindset of putting a little money aside whenever possible. Practice frugal habits.
12. Do not be afraid to be different. High school kids think they are a lot cooler than they are. Avoid the hive mentality. Be your own person. Pursue your own interests.
13. Learn to cook a few dishes. Have your parents teach you if they can. It will come in handy when you are on your own.
14. What you do in high school will not matter to anyone in ten years. Do not stress so much about grades or making the varsity team.
15. Listen more than you speak. You can learn a lot from other people’s experiences and mistakes.